Sunday 25 May 2008

APPLE DRESS

Today I've been celebrating my goddaughter's fifth birthday. I brought her a Håkan Hällström cd since she loves to dance and sing along to songs in Swedish.

It was a bit funny to notice how everything else she got was in pink. I'm not sure I want to take part in the whole gender converstaion about how we are formed as boys and girls at already an early age and how girls shouldn't be given pink things and boys light blue. I tried to think of myself at that age and weather it really is that way that the female mind somehow find pink more aesthetic than boys or weather we are just made to think that.

Well, I guess no one will ever know that for sure. Anyway, I just read that H&M just has made a baby/kids collection that is totally genderless - no colours or symbols that would indicate weather the clothing is made for a little boy or a little girl. It is said to be the first of its kind but I'm not really buying that. I had one-coloured rompers in brown or green as a kid, patterned with lions and apples and all kinds of stuff that kids just like in general. In honour of that I was wearing my apple-patterned dress today (and yes, it is the same model as the one a few posts below. I had to get both since I couldn't decide which one I liked better :)


Dress - RL
Shoes - H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment