Tuesday 10 July 2012

THE SECOND CHALLENGE


Wohoo, an outfit.
The skirt is from Lindex, it's the stretchy one that I wore a lot during my early and mid pregnancy. The top is Tara Starlet and the belt (which is a bit hard to see as it has sunk in between the squish) is Vivien of Holloway.

Anyway. I'm going to tell you two things - many commented on the fact that I "still had the strenght to make an effort and dress up" while I was pregnant. Or now with the baby. And what I'm going to tell you first is this: it takes the same effort to put on a plastic bag, something nice or a pair of leisure pants. In which most of the cases I'd go for the "something nice". As you may remember, I often point out that nice can also be comfy! Most of my clothing is rather comfy actually. (The pieces that are not, are the ones I wear more seldom, you know, special occasions. And yes, it is of course also a matter of what you are used to and prefer.)Also, if you're not sure weather you are feeling that nice yourself it's certainly not going to make you feel worse by wearing something pretty rather than just whatever.

I actually enjoyed getting dressed during those nine months since it became something of a challenge to come up with what to wear; my body was changing and growing all the time which kept the challenge going. I wasn't sure in the beginning how it would be later on, but it was rather fun all the way until the end.

Now it's yet another challenge to find items to wear. Items to fit in as well as items that will work while breast feeding. And I have to say, it's a bit less nice of a challenge, as this time my body is not changing in the same sense that I'm expecting something big to happen - I'm just waiting for things to get "back to normal". Neiher is it any fun now to buy new items as I'm just hoping to start wearing my "real" clothing again. However, the second thing I was going to tell you is that even though I may sound a bit cracked up about this, I'm not! It's merely three weeks since I gave birth and I've only been up from bed for about five days, so I'm not really taking any stress about anything bodywize. (Yet, hehe. )
It just comes up when talking about clothing, that's all.
Toodely-doo!

No comments:

Post a Comment