Sunday 1 July 2012

IN THE BEDROOM


 I'm very glad we managed to paint the bedroom in the countryside before the baby arrived (the day before, actually - I probably helped incude my labour by doing the first coating my self while Eddi was farming about :) as I have been spending more than plenty of time here lately. Today I managed to sit a little while outside, first time in eleven days, whoah!




Regarding how well the last stage of my pregnancy went (I was at the gym a few days before, painted the room the day before and wore heels the day of delivery) I doubt I have ever been in a condition this physically crappy before. So yes, it's been mostly bedroom for me still since we came out on Friday! 
So it's a good thing the room looks rather enjoyable - it would have annoyed me to stare at the "old" walls all the time.
(Don't get me wrong, I'm generally fine and it's mostly admiring baby not staring at the walls. But I am very much waiting to be able to move normally again, get out and go for walks and so on!)


I aimed to paint the walls mint green (surprise...) but I suppose the colour actually ended up being more something of sea foam green. Those balls of mine will hang above the baby crib, once we get it in.



We still have stuff to do here in the though;  apart form choosing a baby bed (there are lost of old beds just "lying" around the houses here but so far Dag has been sleeping in our bed), adding baseboards, fixing a linen cabinet and changing the drawer knobs (I want porcelain ones) and so on.
But so far so good!






No comments:

Post a Comment