Wednesday 16 May 2012

STUFF I REALLY LIKE BUT WOULD NOT NECESSARILY GO FOR MYSELF


Pt.2



Knee-high lace up boots. Preferably in colored suede.
I actually wished for red ones like this in a post many many years ago.
But if I had a pair I would most likely never wear them. I just like the thought of such. But boots like this requires a hem that stops at the knee or above and I want my hems to go over my knees.

Which takes us to the following;




Short striped dresses.
I never feel comfortable in short dresses though. Or, it depends a bit on the cut, but anything a little more slim does not work for me.  It's because I picture my legs like a pair of chicken legs. I mean, not the ones that stick out form beneath the feathers of the birdie, but the ones you eat; the way they look when you grill them. Broiler.
Many maternity dresses are pretty short, and I get it; it's to avoid the 'tent-look'.  But ehrm, about 75% of my pregnancy kilos have missed the belly and settled on my hip and thighs (thanks!), and although I still think pregnancy is more forgiving -as focus is on the belly and the rest is just OK -I'll still just stick to liking short dresses instead of actually wearing them.


Huge hats.
Or, I do have a huge sun hat like this, as you may remember. But I only wear it for, eh, sunny situtations. Not on town. But I still like the look of it.


And of course, all of the above togheter!

No comments:

Post a Comment