Wednesday 22 February 2012

DRESSES


I feel there's been quite a lot posting about clothes here lately.
Maybe because I feel I haven't lately done much more than get dressed and go to work. Obviously, that's what most people do; get dressed and go to work, at least the getting dressed part. Don't know too many who'd leave home naked. Of course that' not what I was at; but the thing is there has been an awful lot of work lately, and also; dressing has become a subject of it's own due to my changing body. However, the work I was referring to here motsly is the one that also includes undressing, as well as meters of pearl strings and fully grown men in rabbit suits. In other words, burlesque. There was a lot of work involved regarding the just gone by burlesque festival, and also a lot of dressing up!

Apart from my stage costume I also made myself some dresses:

This pile of fabric turned into - oh wait, wrong focus -


...so, a new try: this here,


first turned into this,


(...I really thank myself I got me that mannequin!...)


that became this!
Jessica Rabbit goes preggers. Or something like that.


And this one here


turned into...


...this!
(The headpiece by Tiisin' Design is part of our routine's costume.)

I made them both adjustable or big enough to fit me a month from now still when I'll be going to Milan (yes, to perform still; one of my very last shows before taking a break).

(One another note related to dressing I can say that tucking your hair into a wig for the whole weekend is so comfy - you're done in seconds and no risk the weather outside will ruin your curls. Ah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment