Wednesday 11 April 2012

I'VE LOADED MY LAST SHIP SO FAR

When I started in the harbour we younger ones had this thing of saying "if I'm still here when I'm thirty..." and then adding some thing sad after that as it just seemed so unlikely. Ha ha! But when I was in my early twenties I really would not have thought I'd stay there for so long.


Neither would I have thought I'd be there working in the third trimester of my pregnancy... Really, not! 
I always kind of thought I'd get off at four months already, one way or another. But it wasn't that easy to get things organized in the end.
Today however I had yet another meeting with the company's physician and am now on sick leave until my maternity leave starts later in spring!

Believe me, it will be so nice with some time off to be able to take it easy before the baby comes.

But it will also feel weird - although I've had other jobs and been away abroad in between I've still been in the habour since I was nineteen! I'll miss it. Every now and then.


My work wear the last months... someone else's big old pants plus suspenders to keep them up as I was not able to close them. One of my colleagues thought I looked so funny he brought me a clown nose :)

 I'm forever nineteen years old on my ID card.

No comments:

Post a Comment