Tuesday 12 April 2011

CURLY

Yesterday I went out for a meeting and dinner with the other Bitties at the Tiki bar. And what better way to do it in than a hairdo called Tiki Lounge! Freely adapted from the Tiki Lounge-do as seen in the Vintage Hairstyling book that everyone seems to own. I styled my hair different in the front and I was also in a bit of a hurry so my version turned out a bit messier - but sometimes it's nice with a less sleek do!

It's kind of a take on the "eternal roll-do" of mine, as the hair is flat on the crown and laying around the head and face.

They do this on quite short hair in the book, but it will work on longer locks too. Do it by curling your hair downwards - the book says to use a curler; I used hot sticks as I am far too impatient to curl all of my hair with a curler... bur rag curls or such would most likely work as well! Then pin your hair flat around the crown. Lift up the curls over the pins and pin them in place. You could (or perhaps should) pin the curls rather well defined, but I just folded mine up in a big fluff and used lots and lots of pins to keep it in place.

In the book the hair in front is curled and the curls left rather loose on top of the head. I pinned mine more away from the face and made a small roll form the middle to the side.

I meant to stick a couple of flower combs in the back on the sides but forgot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment